BGP Peering Information
KPFA has an open peering policy, however we do have several basic requirements:
- Peering partners must have a Public AS number and public address prefix(es) (i.e., not RFC 1918 addresses)
- Peering partners must not be a KPFA transit customer
- Peering partners must maintain a 24x7 Network Operations Center.
- Peering partners must cooperate in the troubleshooting of any peering related issues, denial of service attacks, UCE, hacking or virus penetration.
- Peering partners are prohibited from abusing our peering relationship by pointing default or resetting any next-hop.
- Peering partners are requested to peer at all common peering points.
- We reserve the right to not peer with anyone as we see fit and to terminate any peering at any time with 30 days notice.
- We reserve the right to change this policy with 30 days notice.
KPFA operates under the global autonomous system number of 397715 and operates both IPv4 and IPv6 networks available for peering.
All routes originating from KPFA will be registered in the IRR under the AS-Set of AS397715:AS-ALL.
We maintain a PeeringDB record located at http://as397715.peeringdb.com.
To establish peering, please contact us via email at peering@KPFA.org.
Public Peering Locations
- Fremont Cabal Internet Exchange (FCIX), Fremont, CA - 188.8.131.52, 2001:504:91::39
- San Francisco Metropolitan Internet Equinix (SFMIX), Fremont, CA - 184.108.40.206, 2001:504:30::ba39:7715:1
If you pass us more than 10 Mbit/sec we would also be willing to consider a private peering relationship at Hurricane Electric Fremont 2:
48233 Warm Springs Blvd Fremont, CA 94539..
For any emergencies/issues regarding an existing peering relationship, please contact our 24/7 network operations department at email@example.com or call 510-848-6767 ext 161.